- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1-2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. table salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 (6 to 8 lb.) bone-in pork shoulder
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Mix together all dry seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Rub on meat and wrap with cling wrap tightly. Refrigerate for 3 hours up to 3 days.
- When you are ready to cook the pork, unwrap and place in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast and shred, removing fat as you go.
- Place back in the slow cooker and add 1 cup of barbecue sauce. Heat for 30 to 60 more minutes.
- Serve on buns with the remaining cup of barbecue sauce. I like mine with cheese.
Recipe from Beantown Baker
Recipe linked up at�