Earlier this year I posted the recipe for Best Chocolate Cake Ever. It was the best chocolate cake ever. I mean...nothing could even come close. Until I made this one...
It's slightly different from the original recipe - you replace vanilla extract with rum extract. You also bake it in a bundt cake AND drizzle it with caramel or dulce de leche (I was much too lazy to make that!). It keeps very well and I can now say that it is the BESTEST chocolate cake EVER!
What you need:
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 pkg. Jell-O instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Caramel topping or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything together except chocolate chips. Then add the chocolate chips in. [Batter will be thick]
- Pour into bundt cake pan. Bake according to devil's food cake directions for your size pan(s). Then check in 5 minute increments with a toothpick until done. I believe mine took around 40 minutes.
- Cool and then drizzle with caramel or dulce de leche.