I first saw this recipe on Sunshine & Bones. I love messy foods. You know, the kind where you literally have food all over your face and hands. Because no messy food has ever been unkind to me...they are always turbo delicious. Chili dogs are the ONLY reason I will not give up the beautimous processed garbage hot dogs. There is no way I could give up chili dogs. Ever. Period. End of story.
What you need:
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- relish, if you prefer it
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can chili (I used with beans)
- Line a 9x13x2-inch dish with foil. Place all buns in the dish.
- Spread mayonnaise on each bun.
- Add a hot dog to each one.
- Top with mustard, relish, chili, onions and cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.