So after I made the traditional pizza rolls, my husband was immediately brainstorming new combinations to try. His first concoction was bacon, pineapple, and banana pepper. They were awesome!
Original Fantastical Recipe - Adapted from this one
What you need:
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pkg. pepperoni slices, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, roughly diced
- Banana peppers, chopped
- 1 jar or can pizza sauce
- 1 pkg. egg roll wraps (found by tofu)
- A cup of water
Mix all ingredients minus cheese, wraps, and oil together in a bowl.
On a wrap, add a spoonful of the filling mixture. Top with cheese.
Fold the bottom corner up and tuck in the corner. The tighter you can get it, the better.
Fold in both sides. Dip your finger in the water and wet the top corner.
Fold it down, wrapping tightly to seal, and press down softly. (For pictures: go here!)
Heat oil - I use the water test where you drop sprinkles of water and the oil will sizzle when it's ready
I dropped in 2 pizza rolls at the most and fried for 1 to 2 minutes, flipping once, until golden.
Drain on a paper towel. And ENJOY!