Unfortunately when I visit family, I often forget to take pictures because I get so wrapped up in making meals and spending time with everyone. We are hoping to make this one again because of how much meat you can get off of just one chicken! The lemon and garlic were a great combination with the fresh spices.
If you all read my resolutions, you'll know that I wanted to take the time out to talk about each blog that I'm sharing recipes from. I feel like it's incredibly fitting to have Jen from Beantown Baker as my first lil schpeel.
When I first started blogging, I didn't really know where to go, what to do. I didn't really know that I would turn Fantastical into what it is now. I just thought I'd be sharing with strictly family and friends, almost like a personal journal. Then I started searching for new recipes and the first blog I fell in love with was Beantown Baker. There are so many incredible recipes on it (to name a few: Peppermint Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake, Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls, and Oreo Cupcakes). I personally have tried these: 40 Clove Garlic Chicken, Crockpot Pulled Pork, and Homemade Ding Dongs. Not to mention, when I left a comment professing my love for her blog, Jen came right back and commented here on my blog. :)
Recipe from Beantown Baker
What you need:
- 2 onions, quartered
- Celery, diced
- 4 to 6 carrots, diced
- 1 (5 to 6 lb.) roasting chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch each fresh thyme, sage, and rosemary
- 4 lemons
- 3 heads of garlic, cut in half across
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 425* and place veggies in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Prepare your chicken by removing the giblets and rinsing it. Pat dry and place in roasting pan.
- Salt and pepper chicken (inside and out). Stuff with herbs, 1 lemon (cut up), and 2 halves of garlic.
- Brush the outside with melted butter and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Cut 2 lemons in quarters and place around chicken with the rest of your garlic halves.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Slice and garnish with additional lemon, sliced, veggies, and garlic.