I am on a whole chicken fix right now! Just loving whole chicken - especially making it in the crockpot. It's just fantastic. The roasted veggies were great too.
Recipe adapted from Great American Recipes
What you need:
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (4 to 5 lbs)
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 bell peppers, deseeded and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Mix together butter, sage, garlic, and pepper.
- Rinse chicken off and rub butter mixture all over skin.
- Sprinkle with rosemary. Place onion in chicken cavity.
- Place chicken in crockpot and add chicken broth around it.
- Cook on high for 1 to 3 hours, then on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before chicken is ready, put veggies on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375*.
Linked up at...