Yet another Pioneer Woman recipe - Ree really doesn't disappoint EVER! I've been on a tatertot kick lately and these definitely satiated my craving! I was able to get my hands on her new cookbook, Food From My Frontier, the day after it came out and I cannot wait to make some of the recipes out of it :) If you don't already have a copy, get your hands on it! It's gorgeous.
What you need:
- 1/2 bag frozen tatortots, cooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. half and half
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. sausage
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- Toppings: Jalapeno slices, diced tomato, salsa, etc.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave and cook tatortots according to directions on pkg. A little crispy is better in this recipe :)
- Brown sausage in skillet, you can do this with some of the onion, if you want. Try and crumble it as much as possible.
- Mix together beaten eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper. Melt butter over a skillet and scramble eggs.
- For assembling, top a tortilla with tatortots, sausage, cheese, eggs, onions, and desired toppings.