I heard about shredded beef tacos a few years ago. I thought it was a pretty neat idea and different from the norm, ground beef tacos. We actually used the leftovers to make stuffed jalapenos, which was just great and I don't think it could've been any better using anything else. Might I also mention, tacos have got to be one of the hardest foods to photograph attractively. :P
Recipe from Parents Connect
What you need:
- 1 chuck roast
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Taco toppings: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, etc.
- Put onion and garlic in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Mix together seasonings in a small bowl and rub on meat.
- Place meat on onions and garlic, then pour remaining seasoning, if any, over the top.
- Pour salsa and chicken broth on top of meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or high for 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat and shred with a fork. Discard juices and place back in crockpot.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings.