So when I meal plan each week, I sit down with a list of all the recipes I have. I typically don't go for WHO I got the recipe, but what it is. It seems like I have racked up a great deal of Pioneer Woman recipes, plus I've also been cooking through her newest cookbook, Food From My Frontier, like a mad woman. I have mad love for PDub. Mad love.
I remember seeing this recipe and thinking of how smart it was to make the melts on English muffins instead of hamburger buns or just plain bread. These were easily the best tuna melts I've ever had!
What you need:
- 5 oz. tuna (I used a large can...it is bigger than 5 oz.)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped (I had to omit because mine had gone bad)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 English muffins, split in half
- Sliced cheese
Place a large dollop of the tuna mixture on each English muffin half and top with a slice of cheese, then the other half of the muffin.
Bake at 375* for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and muffin is slightly crunchy :)