I was very excited to find out how good this recipe would be - a big issue I often run into when I'm looking at buffalo recipes is that they either use bleu cheese or ranch dressing. My husband and I do not eat either of those things. Now if you have a mayo-hater in your house as well, you can double the yogurt and omit the mayo. Or even sub sour cream for the mayo. Maybe even cream cheese.
What you need:
- 1 recipe pizza dough (my favorite)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. mayo
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I do this in my Kitchenaid - the shredding part)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, sugar, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Spread white sauce onto the crust.
Top with chicken, then mozzarella and red onions.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until crust is browned and cheese is melted.