The successful recipe that I made is Pasta with Creamy Primavera Sauce on p.112. I love veggies a lot. This one had a great mix of veggies in it, plus it has pasta in it! :)
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1 lb. penne
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese, cut into bits
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water.
- Add zucchini and peas to pot and cook for 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to the ice water. Drain veggies and transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring the water back to a boil and cook penne according to package directions. Then drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add garlic, cooking for about 15 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes. Remove to bowl of veggies.
- Add cream to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add cream cheese and cook until smooth. Whisk in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Add pasta to veggies and pour hot cream over the top. Stir in basil and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Toss to coat.
I'm not going to give this one a rating just yet because I've only tried a few recipes from it. I'm hoping to make a few more recipes soon and feature it again!