I still am testing out a few donut recipes cautiously. Much like muffins, they are easy and fast. AND there are many, many variations. After making snickerdoodle cookies for the first time, I really wanted to try out this snickerdoodle donut recipe. Unfortunately, I had run out of milk and didn't realize it, so I didn't get to try the glaze on it. However, they were still completely amazing!
What you need:
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add buttermilk, egg, and butter. Beat until combined.
- Fill a greased donut pan with batter and bake for 5 to 6 minutes at 400*
- Invert onto a cooling rack and let cool just a little before the glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon.
- Dip each donut in glaze.