I've tried many-a-roast recipe. Roast is one of my favorite foods. When I was pregnant with my son, I was spoiled by my mother-in-law's roast. So much so that when the leftovers were gone, I cried. This is the first roast recipe that has even come close to how good hers is. It definitely tops any roast recipe that I have made to date. It's tender and packed with flavor.
Just how good was this recipe? I found one of our kitties, Muffin, trying to sneak a piece off my daughter's plate that she didn't eat :)
Of course, once you was caught - she didn't want to eat it anymore :P
What you need:
- 1 roast
- Carrots, diced
- Potatoes, peeled and diced
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 beef bouillion cube
- 1 pkg. au jus
- Place meat in slow cooker and fill it up with water.
- Season with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
- Add package of au jus and beef bouillion cube. Stir.
- Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Uncover and stir. Add carrots and potatoes.
- Cook until potatoes and carrots are fork-tender, about 1 to 2 more hours.
- To make gravy, add a few tablespoons of cornstarch to a small bowl. Add cold water to make a thin paste and stir until there are no lumps. Add some of the crockpot's juice to a small pot and bring to a boil. Whisk in cornstarch mixture gradually until it has thickened.