We've sort of dubbed Wednesday nights "Soup Night" around these parts because my husband is such a big fan of soup and my son's favorite dinner is cheddar broccoli soup. Now that it's getting warm, it's getting a little harder to enjoy hot soup, but I still think it's worth it to make it :)
I loved all the different veggies in this recipe and you really can't go wrong with that Italian seasoning to foods!
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 orange and red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Add carrots, canned tomatoes, and broth. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Add chicken and cook until heated through - about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with cheese.