I tried a fruit salsa recipe a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I've been hankering for some more and especially with the weather being warm - it's the perfect time to grill something to serve up with it! So I grilled up some thick pork chops that had been marinated in Italian dressing. The salsa went perfectly with it.
I still need to practice on my mango-cutting skills though. I also got my first pineapple splinter. It was not fun.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 diced mango
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- Pinch of salt
- Toss together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for around 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Serve with meat, tortilla chips, etc.